Double Eyelid Surgery For Mono-Lids - What's Wrong With Natural Beauty?

Frequently discussed is the matter of double eyelid surgery. Many people want it, and just as many think it's a horrible idea. Coming from the latter camp, I've always wondered why people would undergo surgery to change something that really isn't wrong in the first place.



I love my single lids. They gives me more of a canvas for eye makeup. I'm used to them. They're a part of me, and I would never change them.



Many asian pop music stars become so-called "Americanized", which pretty much seems to entail breast implants and double eyelid surgery. I'm not going to get into implants here since I don't want to break my keyboard out of anger, but monolids are something unique that should not be changed.



Growing up, I actually used to resent having single lids. I eventually realized that double lids wouldn't do anything for me other than putting yet another hole in my pocket, right next to the one that makeup regularly enlarges.



Living in America, almost every eye makeup product is marketed towards women with double lids, because most women have them, even many asian women. That doesn't mean that those products aren't any good for monolids though.



Seeing as I've had them for so long, I'd probably feel strange applying my favorite dark eyed makeup on double lids. I've helped a few double-lidded friends with their makeup, and it's more difficult to apply makeup than on my lids.



What's so wrong about monolids? Nothing at all. Don't change them, don't get surgery for them, don't resent them, don't wish you didn't have them. Just appreciate them and their uniqueness.



Amy Linh Chen



Amy writes for Asian Beauty Blog, a free makeup website that includes a makeup forum and a section for eye makeup tutorials. Visit Asian Beauty Blog today for more great makeup tips and discussions!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eyelid Surgery - Special Considerations For Older Plastic Surgery Patients

Eyelid Surgery - Why a Laser Eye Lift is Better Than Eye Cream

Nose Job From 500 BC To 2008